February 28, 2017

4 Spring Makeup Trends You Need to Try in 2017

Beauty, makeup
sona gasparian shows 4 spring makeup trends for 2017

Hey loves! Spring is just around the corner! In LA, of course this means that it’ll be just slightly warmer, and the rainy spells should subside, but most importantly, it means that I get to try out all the latest Spring makeup trends!! That’s not to say that I’m in any way over my smokey-eye look (far from it, as you’ll see later in the post!), but a little pastel here and there is a welcome addition to my makeup routine!

I’m so excited to partner with Ulta Beauty and POPSUGAR to show you guys these four Spring makeup trends! Ulta Beauty is one of my favorite places to shop because they have such an amazing selection of products from high end to affordable! So of course I jumped at the chance to show you some Spring makeup trends with them!

I got a lot of my inspiration from the Spring/ Summer 2017 runway shows at New York Fashion Week. Seriously, there were so many amazing looks to choose from, but I narrowed it down to four that I think you will love! Since Ulta Beauty has such a huge selection of products, I made sure to pick a wide range of beauty products from drugstore to designer brands to re-create these looks for you! I had so much fun shopping at Ulta Beauty for all of these products; it was so easy to find everything that I needed!

Spring 2017 Makeup Trends

1. No-Makeup Makeup

A fresh, glowing complexion just screams Spring to me! The no-makeup makeup look was all over the runways at NYFW SS17, and it was done to perfection at Michael Kors! I love how this makeup trend just barely enhances your features and lets your natural beauty shine through! It’s rare that a runway beauty trend is as wearable as no-makeup makeup, so I was very excited that it was all over NYFW!

spring makeup trend 2017 no makeup makeup with sona gasparian

This look is obviously all about the face! First I applied Pür Cosmetics No Filter Photography Blurring Primer to give my skin a luminous glow. Next I used a light coat of Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation and spot concealed and brightened under my eyes with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I added some Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector on the high points of my cheeks and to the center of my face, then added some bronzer to get a sun-kissed glow. (Remember that this isn’t a contour; it’s just to bring some warmth to your face!) Lastly, I added a sweep of Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara and Too Faced Brow Quickie for some definition and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Lip Treatment. Since this is such a bare look, I used a pastel blue nail polish to add a pop of color!

spring makeup trend 2017 no makeup makeup with sona gasparian

Runway photo via HarpersBazaar.com, Imaxtree.

Products I used:

2. Plum Smokey-Eye

OK, so this might seem like it could be a Fall makeup trend, but hear me out. The shade of plum used on Gigi Hadid at Anna Sui is slightly brighter than a Fall plum, giving the smokey-eye a fresh update. I love how this will look with light Spring outfits, providing just enough contrast to your outfit, without looking too extreme! I’d totally wear this for a girl’s night out, since it’s fun and a little edgy.

spring makeup trend 2017 plum smokey eye with sona gasparian

To get this look, you just need one eyeshadow color! I used Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow in Last Call to re-create this look. After priming my eyelids, I used a big fluffy brush to apply and blend the eyeshadow on my upper and lower lids. This look is all about softness, so blend until there are no harsh edges!

spring makeup trend 2017 plum smokey eye with sona gasparian

Runway photo via HarpersBarzaar.com, Imaxtree.

Products I used:

3. Lived-in Liner

Why is that “I slept in my makeup” look (don’t do this!!) so alluring, but somehow so hard to re-create? Rebecca Minkoff absolutely knocked this one out of the park, using a dark liner smudged all around the models’ eyelids. This look is so easy to re-create: you only need one product and your fingers! It’s the perfect trend to re-create if you’re going straight from work to having drinks or need to make your look more nighttime appropriate.

spring makeup trend 2017 lived in liner with sona gasparian

Like the Plum Smokey-Eye, the Lived-in Liner makeup trend is a little bit unexpected for Spring, but this is one of my all-time favorite makeup looks, so I wear it regardless of the season! Plus, think of how cool this edgy makeup would look against a feminine lace top! To re-create this runway trend, I lined my eyes using the Lancôme Le Stylo Liner, then smudged it using a brush and my finger. I wanted this trend to be a bit more wearable, so I cleaned up the edges just a tad, then extended the smudging on the corners to create a subtle winged look. To finish, I used a coat of Maybelline Colossal Volum’ mascara to really make my eyes pop and finished with Burt’s Bees Lipstick in Nile Nude.

spring makeup trend 2017 lived in liner with sona gasparian

Runway photo via Elle.com, Imaxtree.

Products I used:

4. Two Toned Lipstick

If there’s a Spring beauty trend meant to last, it’s bright lips! You can interpret this trend in so many ways, but I love the layered look done at Cushnie et Ochs using an orangey red on the top lip and a bright pink on the bottom lip. This is a bit of an out-of-the-box look, but it’s also wearable, since the two lipstick shades are so close! This trend might be my favorite, because it’s such a conversation starter!

spring makeup trend 2017 two toned lipstick with sona gasparian

I actually showed off this look with Byrdie and Estée Lauder in this video here, and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it again with you, but this time, I reversed the colors! First, I applied the Estée Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick on my top lip in Shock and Awe, which is a gorgeous, vibrant matte pink. Next, I used Bar Red on my bottom lip. Make sure not to press your lips together to avoid color transfer! Finally I cleaned up the edges of my lips using a flat brush and foundation to make the color pop!

spring makeup trend 2017 two-toned lipstick with sona gasparian

Runway photo via Allure.com, Getty Images.

Products I used:

Which trend are you excited to try? Tell me in the comments!

This post is sponsored by Ulta Beauty through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about Ulta Beauty, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on Twitter

You Might Also Like

73 Comments

• Reply Leah March 1, 2017 at 7:49 am

OMG Yas! Gonna try all of these looks! So beautiful! I really love the plum smokey eye for going out in the evening. LOVE!

• Reply La Bijoux Bella | by mia March 1, 2017 at 8:02 am

Love the au naturelle look with the subtle eyes and bold statement colour lips! Simply gorgeous! :)

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Raquel G. March 1, 2017 at 8:04 am

Hey Sona! All the looks are great! I’m going to try the “lived in liner”, since I use the “no makeup” look everyday 🙈

Hope you are feeling better! Can’t wait for Paris so I can see it through you haha! 💕

• Reply Claire M. March 1, 2017 at 8:23 am

Oh my gosh! Sona, LOVE these looks! Thanks for a great post! I’ve been looking forward to what makeup and looks you’d recommend for Spring :) I really love the plum eye shadow look. Can’t wait to check out some of these products! Hope you’re feeling better and have fun in Paris! What an exciting trip!!!

• Reply Alejandra Ordaz March 1, 2017 at 9:56 am

Omg Sona!! That plum eyeshadow!! Ahhh to die for! I definitely want to try that, that is the most perfect plum I’ve seen. Think it will work with my medium olive skin and brown eyes! I’m so excited! Love all these ideas.

• Reply Sona March 1, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Thanks love! Plum is such a versatile color, you should definitely try this look! xoxo

• Reply Shelby March 1, 2017 at 10:38 am

I’m obsessed with these looks! Especially the bare faced and plum shadow! In the bare-faced look- did you use your bronzer on the lid to create some definition? You are so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these looks with us :)

• Reply Sona March 1, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Thank you! I’m so happy you liked these looks :) Yes, the bronzer just gave my eyes a bit more definition!

• Reply Monica March 1, 2017 at 11:54 am

The lived in liner look is amazing! I have slightly hooded eyes..and I think this look will help that wing show up on my face! Great post sona! #snapfam

Hope your feeling better! 😊
    Safe travels! ✈️ Hope you have a wonderful trip with Dior!

• Reply Malissa March 1, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Love all these looks Sona! Really love the look of the two toned lips, im going to have to try it!! 😍 save travels!!

• Reply sissi sampurno March 1, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for posting this..
    I love the two toned lipstick!!! Have fun in Paris ❤❤

• Reply Jeanette Tinoco March 1, 2017 at 2:18 pm

The plum smokey eye is so pretty. All the makeup looks and photos came out beautiful. I’m loving how you are working more with different companies to show us fun makeup looks that you always make so wearable. Great post.

• Reply ayesheh March 1, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Loving the plum smokey eye!!! Looks gorgeous on you. And why wasnt lived in liner a trend in college I always wore slept in makeup to class the next day 😝 love this Sona!!! #scfam

• Reply Lams fatima-zahra March 1, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Omg! I loooooved all the 4 looks 😍😍😍. You look so beautiful in each one of them. Specially the lived-in liner, cause we arab women looooove that kind of look. We use khôl.😄😄😄

• Reply Sona March 2, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Thanks love! I totally agree, lived in liner is such an amazing (and easy!) look! :)

• Reply Michelle Gallegos March 1, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Absolutely love the simple fresh faced look. Great post!

• Reply Jeanine A. March 1, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Yessssss LOVE this post. So excited that spring is near. I can’t wait to try these looks especially the plum eyeshadow and the two-tone lipsticks, they scream spring! Thanks again Sona for the wonderful post 😊

• Reply Praise March 1, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Oh wow this is amazing I love how creative it all is. Very talented sona my favourite are the the no makeup look and the two toned lipstick love it

• Reply Humna March 1, 2017 at 3:54 pm

God you looked so pretty 😍😍😍😍

• Reply Lusine Naljayan March 1, 2017 at 4:55 pm

What an amazing post.. love the no makeup makeup look and plum smoky eye are my favorite;)

• Reply Catalina March 1, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Amazing looks!! You are the best! We need tutorials plsss

• Reply Vanessa Velazquez March 1, 2017 at 5:10 pm

This post was definitely helpful. I’ve been in a makeup rut lately and this inspired me to dig around my collection and try something new!

• Reply Sona March 2, 2017 at 12:19 pm

I love hearing that! I’m so happy you liked the post! xoxo

• Reply Anum Khan March 1, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Sona you are so gorgeous, and you totally skated all these four spring looks. My personal favorite would be lived in liner and no makeup makeup look. Have a fun trip in Paris. Lots of love #snapchatfam

• Reply Anum Khan March 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Slayed **

• Reply Noelia Sainz March 1, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Omg I absolutely love this! This is my first time reading this blog and I absolutely love! Can’t wait to try these! ❤❤❤

• Reply Jennifer March 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm

I love all these looks! The plum smokey eye is so pretty and I love how it’s just one color. I also really like the no makeup, makeup look. I have kinda been doing that lately but occasionally throwing on a red lip. Now I want to try it with the two tone lip!

• Reply Viviana Brambila March 1, 2017 at 6:42 pm

This is incredible!!😍 I love the 2 toned lip!! Very excited for these spring trends! Have a fun and safe trip in Paris Sona!❤️ #snapchatfam

• Reply Viviana Brambila March 1, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Hope to see a video on one of these looks soon!

• Reply Deirdre March 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I love a no makeup makeup look!

• Reply Dena March 1, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Loving the bronzed no makeup look!

• Reply Karen Gallegos March 1, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Wow my favorite has to be the bare face and the winged smoked liner! I’m gonna have to recreate these looks. I swear your skin looks so perfect! ❤️

• Reply Amy D March 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Very beautiful and inspiring looks Sona especially the no make up make up look. The Plum smokey eye look is just gorgeous!

• Reply Shirley March 1, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I love this no makeup makeup! It’s so fresh and youthful! Also gonna try the all over plum look 🤗 Have fun in Paris Sona! #snapchatfam

• Reply Dani Tames March 1, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Fefinitely the no make up makeup trend. Just love the idea of being natural 😍 Ugh I love all of these. And the two lip tones are just A M A Z I N G!

• Reply Victoria March 1, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Loooovvveee this blog post! ❤️ Def want to try the two toned lipstick trend. #snapchatfam

• Reply Renee March 1, 2017 at 9:48 pm

I’m loving all the looks!! 😍
    You are just stunning! I’m always pleasantly surprised by your blogs & your photos as you have this ability to morphe into different looks so effortlessly. Would love to try the liner look but I might be too old to pull it off?! p.s. I just received your identity pallet, must of been one of the last ones before it sold out – can’t wait to give it a try 😆

• Reply Domniki Sarri March 2, 2017 at 12:39 am

I love the 2 tone lips so much!!

• Reply Monika Macounova March 2, 2017 at 2:50 am

OMG, I definitely try the no makeup makeup look and two toned lips, you look absolutely gorgeous in this post, love it! I like the plum look also, but my eyelids are pretty hooded, so dont know if it will be for me..
    Enjoy your trip to Paris! :)

• Reply Ewelina March 2, 2017 at 4:59 am

This is such an awesome post Sona! Love all these trends. I haven’t used a plum eyeshadow in a while but it’ll definitely come back in spring :) Two toned lips looks so cool and fun! I love how smudged liner looks but if I did something like that I would look sick :P
    As I commented on instagram, I look forward to your snaps and pictures from Paris :)
    Hugs! #snapchatfam
    ❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Zainab o March 2, 2017 at 7:15 am

The no makeup look is my glam look 😅😅 since l am a junior dr , but l love makeup maybe l will try the two toned lips i like the idea and it look’s beautiful, love u 😘😘😘 #snapchatfam

• Reply Emilie Van Renterghem March 2, 2017 at 8:24 am

I love the no make up make up look! I actually always do this look ^^^, so scared to go bold, but definitely need to try it more! I actually also like the lip look! Lots of love xoxo

• Reply Aliyah Malik March 2, 2017 at 8:48 am

WOW all these looks are amazinggg! I feel like they’re all quite easy to recreate and very wearable unlike a lot of the other weird makeup trends you see on the runway that no one would ever really wear in real life.

I think I’d try them all except the bright lips I’m always drinking water so lipstick only lasts like an hour on me :( ! Its so annoying like I have this reallly nice chanel lipstick but it doesn’t last that long :( unlike the NYX soft matte cream that I have that isn’t as nice but doesn’t transfer.

• Reply Sona March 2, 2017 at 12:26 pm

You can always try out some lipsticks with long lasting formulas! Or, sometimes I blot the lipstick, dust on a little bit of translucent powder, then add another coat, which seems to help!

• Reply Abbie Martin March 2, 2017 at 10:46 am

I would be ok if you did a no makeup, makeup tutorial. :)

• Reply Safia Qammar March 2, 2017 at 10:55 am

Wow. Super amazing looks. Love them all. 💞 But the one I’m most excited to try is “Two toned lipstick “. 😊Overall look is just like a no-makeup look but with two different colors of lipstick the whole look changed. 😍

• Reply Damaris Gonzalez March 2, 2017 at 11:19 am

I’m excited to try the purple eye shadow and two toned lips trend. Those looks are so gorgeous on you Sona!

• Reply Loreal March 2, 2017 at 11:42 am

I am really loving the two tone lip look! I want to try that !

• Reply Gina Brandow March 2, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Oh my goodness, Sona!! LOVE THIS!!!! ❤ I think that the Lived-In Liner is such an interesting take on a darker eye. I would have never thought that was a thing, nor something I could wear! Wow! But my absolute favorite trend has to be the Two-Toned Lip! It’s GORGEOUS! I am definitely going to try that! 💋 Thanks again for the advice you provide your followers! You are truly my favorite 💗 Xoxo #snapchatfam

• Reply Sona March 2, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Aww, that’s so nice of you to say! I’m happy you liked the post :)

• Reply Melissa March 2, 2017 at 12:48 pm

I love the natural look and the bold lip look, the two toned lip! I die! It’s so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Reply Nayiri March 2, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Love this post! These are all easy things to try out.

• Reply Suzanne March 2, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Love, love, love this post! You always share creative and easy-to-do makeup looks that are simply amazing. I love following your suggestions. You inspire me to want to try new makeup looks! ☺️🎀💄💋💅🏼💁🏻

• Reply Erin S. March 2, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I’m most excited about the two-toned lipstick trend because it’s unique and can easily be customized to suit anyone’s taste in lipstick.

• Reply Alina March 2, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Hi Sona!! I love your blog posts and You Tube tutorials!
    I wanted your opinion on something. I’m thinking about becoming a professional makeup artist, I’ve been doing some research but can’t find a lot of info on which schools are really good. I’m currently living in Miami but I’m considering moving to London, LA, NY, London or Sydney. Could you please suggest me schools in these cities? which are the best??

Thank you so much for you help!!!!!!!!!
    Alina

• Reply Raquel Nuño March 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Wow! What doesn’t look good on you girl!!
    Love everything !

• Reply Sadia March 3, 2017 at 1:40 am

The plum trend is to die for!!!! I will definitely be using it for an upcoming family wedding. And the two toned lip is different but looks so good, I will have to see how brave I am! You look absolutely gorgeous in all of these.

• Reply Aarushee March 3, 2017 at 9:17 am

Omg sona 💋 You look stunning , love nailed the no makeup, makeup look 👀 ❤️❤️ I seriously adore you :)
    I’m dying for the blue shirt 😀💕💕
    Love you

• Reply Sasha March 3, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Love all these amazing looks! Can’t wait to try out each one of them:)
    Thank you for sharing these trends Sona!!
    Lots of love <3

• Reply Karin March 4, 2017 at 1:11 am

I love the no-makeup makeup look for spring/summer but sometimes it’s nice to spice it up with liner or lipstick. Definitely gonna try the two-toned lipstick trend it’s so simple yet so different 🙏 I love it! Please, make a tutorial on some (or all) of those spring trend looks. 😊 Thank you.

• Reply Sumbul Amir March 4, 2017 at 1:42 am

Gorgeous looks. 😍
    No make-up look is my all time fav. I would love to try plum smoky eye and double toned lipies. Duo combination of lipsticks looking so cool. 💞
    Thanks for sharing great idea’s.
    Xoxo. :)
    #SnapchatFam

• Reply Shelly Jaglan March 4, 2017 at 1:55 am

Plum smoky eye and two toned lipstick look are my favourite looks 😎🙌 gorgeous 😍

• Reply Aksa March 4, 2017 at 9:55 am

Plum smiley eye 😍😍

• Reply Xrysoula March 4, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Plum smokey eye!!tutorial please!!!!!!!

• Reply Anastasia T. March 4, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I love the No-Makeup Makeup

• Reply Ana March 5, 2017 at 3:27 pm

A tutorial on the 4th trend please! Is amazing!!!!

• Reply cinderelli18 March 10, 2017 at 9:12 am

All these trends look beautiful! Definitely going to be trying some of these.

• Reply Ayça March 10, 2017 at 11:24 am

Always a big fan of no makeup makeup 💁🏻 But I LOVED two toned lips, it looks gorgeous 💜

• Reply Arijana March 11, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I’m really feeling that plum eyeshadow on you Sona! I was always hesitant to try the two toned lip, but I’m definitely giving it a go this spring and summer! :)

• Reply Saira Martinez March 11, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Hello Sona! :)
    Great post, so many cool trends happening this year! I am currently in love with the No Makeup Makeup trend, so easy yet put together for everyday!

• Reply Isidora March 13, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Hello Sona!
    Amazing post, specially the two color lips. I’ve tried ombre lips, also some highlighter on the center, but never this, although I must say I always remove the bottom lip lipstick and highly enjoy feeling a bit Princess Leia with only the top lip painted, so using two similar colors would have a less dramatic effect. Definitely will try it, with matte colors so there is no color transfer between the lips. Thanks!

• Reply Liz April 7, 2017 at 9:34 pm

I love the two toned lipstick look! I will have to try that!

• Reply chaimae May 2, 2017 at 1:35 pm