Happy Mother’s Day loves! Though I’m not a mother yet myself, I know that a lot of you who subscribe to my blog or channel are! Ever since I was young, I always admired my mom for all that she did for my brother and I. (You might have seen her on my channel before here!) She managed to be a full time salon employee while always finding time to take care of us and spoil us! I know that many of you are just as busy and have careers on top of all that you do for your family. With everything you do for others, it can leave you without much time for yourself! Although I can’t offer you helpful tips for being a busy mom (maybe one day!) I thought I could share some of my favorite timesaving makeup hacks for moms! You are all so amazing!
1. Use Multitasking Products.
I think this is one of the easiest ways to save time in the morning, plus it creates a cohesive look!
- As I’ve mentioned a few times here before, I love using my bronzer as a transition color on my crease. Even if it’s the only shade you use on your lids for an everyday no makeup makeup look, it really lifts your eyes!
- I’m also a huge fan products that double as lip and cheek tints! You just apply to your lips, then add a few dabs to your cheeks and blend with your fingers.
- Lastly, I love using a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than my foundation so it does double duty as a concealer and as a brightener!
2. Smudge a Creamy Eyeliner for a Quick Smokey Eye.
Sometimes I even prefer how this looks versus an elaborately created smokey eye. (And it looks oh so Parisian!) Simply line your eyes using a creamy liner, then smudge with your ring finger. (Your ring finger is the weakest, so it tends to be best for blending without pulling the skin)
3. Use a Tinted Moisturizer for a Base and Blend with a Kabuki Brush.
Both of these blend better and faster (in my opinion)! Tinted moisturizer is generally not as thick or pigmented as regular foundation so it needs less blending. After putting a few tools to the test in this video, my overall winner was the kabuki brush since it was so much faster and blended evenly. If you’re short on time, a few pumps of tinted moisturizer blended with a kabuki brush is your best bet! Then you can go back in and pinpoint concealer any problem areas for a flawless finish.
4. Use Crayon Lipsticks that You Can Use as a Lip Liner as a Regular Lipstick.
Lip crayons are always what I use when I’m in a hurry! Since they have a pointed end, you can use them to line your lips, before filling them in. I always angle the crayon to get more surface area when filling in my lips. You can also use this timesaving makeup hack with a regular lipstick bullet in a pinch, using the pointed edge to line your lips, then fill them in as normal!
5. Use Makeup Shields to Protect Base Makeup.
If you like to wear eyeshadow everyday, this will eliminate clean up time, since the shield protects your carefully applied foundation and concealer! In a pinch, you can also hold a card (like your ID or a credit card) under your lower lashes.
I hope you enjoyed these timesaving makeup hacks for moms and again, Happy Mother’s Day! You deserve all the love and appreciation today and everyday! We wouldn’t be who we are without you!
P.S. Stay tuned for another video featuring my mom up on my channel very soon!